green

What has the World War I given to this generation?

 St. Jacoba church, Ypres 


 St. Jacoba church, out side


 The Cloth Hall (Dutch: Lakenhalle) in Ypres, Belgium, now is in use of the Museum IFFM. It was one of the largest commercial buildings of the Middle Ages. It served as the main market and warehouse for the Flemish city's prosperous cloth industry. It lay in ruins after artillery fire devastated Ypres in World War I. Between 1933 and 1967, the hall was reconstructed to its pre-war condition. The building is 125 m wide and  its belfry tower 70 m high.

 Lakenhallen, Ieper- Ypres 
  Lakenhallen, Ieper- Ypres


 The Trenches, Loopgraven Diksmuide

The trench of death is one of the last remaining trenches in the "westhoek" Flanders from World War I. In 1914, Belgium was almost completely taken by the German army until King Albert I gave the order to maintain the line of defence in Diksmuide. Soldiers continued fighting from the trenches over a period of 4 years. During daytime the soldiers stayed in the trenches and at night they extended to get closer to the enemy.











The Simping island is the smallest island in the world, lies in the South China sea, Indonesian West Borneo
--- The Simping island is the smallest island in the world, lies in the South China sea, Indonesian West Borneo
Hi, I offer this blog to my friends
who like to see some pics
that I collect from several events when I was there.
Once you click any pic, you are then my friend too.

  


My only interest in making up these albums is
to get rid off the state of idle hand.

The old saying, "the idle hand is the devil's tool" still goes.

Back to Home